UFO Cases Involving Police Officers: Aliens, Flying Saucers and Files

September 30, 2021 People's Tonight 369 views

Nick Redfern September 26, 2021

Over the years and decades, reports of UFOs by police officers have grown and grown. Some such cases are more well-known than others.

With that said, today I’m going to share with you some intriguing UFO cases involving the police. One of the most fascinating of all UFO reports secured from a serving police-officer concerns an English police-officer named Colin Perks, who, in the early hours of the day in question, was on duty in the town of Wimslow, U.K. According to Perk’s official log report: “Sir, I have to report that I have been in the Police Force for almost four years. I am 28 years of age, a married man and I reside with my wife and child in [witness’s address]. I am in excellent health and I have no worries of any description. On the night of Thursday/Friday the 6th to 7th January 1966, which was a cold clear night and started [sic] with a full moon which made visibility good. I commenced duty at 10pm on the 6th and due to finish duty at 6am on the 7th. At 1.15am on the 7th I had my refreshments at Wilmslow Police Station where I resumed normal patrol at 2am on this date where I commenced walking around the village. I was alone on this occasion.”

files1(Nick Redfern)

The document continues: “About 4am on the 7th I was checking property at the rear of a large block of shops which are situated off the main A34 road (Alderley Road) Wilmslow. At 4.10am I was still checking property and facing the back of the shops when I heard a high pitched whine, for a moment I couldn’t place the noise as it was most unfamiliar to the normal surroundings. I turned around and saw a Greenish/Grey glow in the sky about 100 yards from me and about 35 feet up in the air. I stopped in my tracks and was unable to believe what I could see. However I gathered myself together after a couple of seconds and made the following observations. The object was about the length of a bus (30 feet) and estimated at being 20 feet wide.”

Perks added: “It was elliptic in shape and emanated a greenish grey glow which I can only describe as an eerie green color. It appeared to be motionless of itself; that is there was no impression of rotation. The object was about 15 feet in height. The object had a flat bottom. At this time it was very bright and there was an East wind. Although it was cold there was no frost. No cloud formation was anywhere near ground level. The object remained stationary for about five seconds then without any change in the whine it started moving at a very fast rate in an East-South-East direction.” Despite an extensive investigation by the British Ministry of Defense (the official report of the MoD runs to 21-pages), the affair was never satisfactorily resolved.

The following document, dated September 16, 1980 and written on official U.S. Air Force stationery, was forwarded to UFO researcher Leonard Stringfield by a source to whom Stringfield gave the pseudonym of “Jeffery Morse.” He said: “In January of 1978, I was stationed at McGuire AFB, N.J. One evening, during the time frame of 0300 hrs. and 0500 hrs., there were a number of UFO sightings in the area over the air field and Ft. Dix MP’s were running code in the direction of Brownsville, N.J. A state trooper then entered Gate #5 at the rear of the base requesting assistance and permission to enter. I was dispatched and the trooper wanted access to the runway area which led to the very back of the air field and connected with a heavily wooded area which is part of the Dix training area. He informed me that a Ft. Dix MP was pursuing a low flying object which then hovered over his car. He described it as oval shaped, with no details, and glowing with a bluish-green color. His radio transmission was cut off. At that time in front of his police car, appeared a thing, about 4 feet tall, grayish, brown, fat head, long arms, and slender body.”

“Morse” added: “The MP panicked and fired five rounds from his .45 cal. into the thing, and one round into the object above. The object then fled straight up and joined with eleven others high in the sky. This we all saw but didn’t know the details at the time. Anyway, the thing ran into the woods towards our fenceline and they went to look for it. By this time several patrols were involved. We found the body of the thing near the runway. It had apparently climbed the fence and died while running. It was all of a sudden hush-hush and no one was allowed near the area.” I should stress this case has been promoted by some ufologists and totally dismissed by others. It’s about time a new investigation was put into action.

In February 1962, an employee of the UK Royal Air Force Police – one Sergeant C.J. Perry – was ordered to investigate a then-recent, extraordinary UFO report. The documentation prepared by Perry is now in the public domain. It tells an intriguing story: “At Aylesbury on 16th February 1962, at 1530 hrs., I visited the Civil Police and requested information on an alleged ‘Flying Saucer’ incident. I was afforded every facility by the Civil Police authorities and although no official report had been made, details of the incident were recorded in the Station Occurrence book. The details are as follows: Mr. Ronald Wildman of Luton, a car collection driver, was traveling along the Aston Clinton road at about 0330 hrs. on 9th February 1962 when he came upon an object like a hovercraft flying approximately 30 feet above the road surface.”

The documentation continues: “As he approached he was traveling at 40 mph but an unknown force slowed him down to 20 mph over a distance of 400 yrd., then the object suddenly flew off. He described the object as being about 40 feet wide, oval in shape with a number of small portholes around the bottom edge. It emitted a fluorescent glow but was otherwise not illuminated. Mr. Wildman reported the incident to a police patrol who notified the Duty Sergeant, Sergeant Schofield. A radio patrol car was dispatched to the area but no further trace of the ‘Flying Saucer’ was seen. It was the opinion of the local police that the report by Mr. Wildman was perfectly genuine and the experience was not a figment of imagination. They saw that he was obviously shaken. I spoke to Sergeant Schofield and one of the Constables to whom the incident was reported. Both were convinced that Mr. Wildman was genuinely upset by his experience” The case was never resolved. And, now, finally…

Chopper(Nick Redfern)

Shortly before 1:00 a.m. on June 8, 2008, a South Wales Police helicopter, carrying a crew of three, was over Ministry of Defense St. Athan, awaiting permission to land and refuel. As they held their position in the skies, the crew’s attention was drawn to a “brightly lit” object above them that was reported as being ‘flying saucer shaped.’ Suddenly, without warning, the object raced towards them at “great speed” – something that caused the pilot to take immediate, evasive action to avoid a potential collision. The object then sped away and the helicopter crew decided to follow. Their pursuit took them over the Bristol Channel until, as they neared the North Devon Coast, a lack of adequate fuel forced them to abandon the chase.” And, this is just the tip of police-based UFO cases on record.