PNP backs DOJ on filing of raps vs NPA

January 5, 2022 Alfred P. Dalizon 158 views

THE Philippine National Police (PNP) headed by General Dionardo B. Carlos has expressed its full support to the move of the Department of Justice to file criminal charges against identified New People’s Army officers and men for their involvement in some 1,500 atrocities recovered by security troops.

“This will be a major leap in our efforts to curb lawlessness and criminality. We hope that this can somehow spark public outcry for justice for innocent civilians and their families who were victims of threat and terror,” the PNP chief said.

Gen. Carlos explained that this legal recourse will also determine those who should be held accountable for the attacks resulting to damage to property and loss of lives.

The PNP chief assured the availability of necessary documents like police reports to corroborate the claims and strengthen the cases.

“If needed, we can also provide additional testimonies from our PNP personnel who had been directly or indirectly attacked,” the PNP chief said.

AUTHOR PROFILE