THE Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Tuesday confirmed the death of two Filipinos in the United Arab Emirates.
Local reports said the two were found lifeless in Dubai last week, with one of the victims having an injury to the neck.
DFA spokesperson Ma. Teresita Daza said investigations are ongoing and the victims’ next of kin have been informed.
“On the two OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) found dead in Dubai, please be informed that the DFA OUMWA (Office of the Undersecretary for Migrant Affairs) has instructed the Philippine Consulate General to coordinate closely with competent authorities in the UAE on this case,” she told reporters.
No further information has been released yet. Philippine News Agency