AN 18-year-old girl and her 11-year-old sister died after they were trapped in their burning house in Matnog, Sorsogon.
The victims were residents of Bgy. Tablac in Matnog town.
Their mother was able to escape the raging blaze but sustained burn injuries.
The names of the victims were being verified.
An investigation showed an unattended candle started the fire.
“Nagsalin daw po ng gasolina ‘yung nanay, Natalsikan ‘yung kandila kaya nagkaroon ng explosion, BFP-Matnog chief Senior Fire Officer 2 Ronnie Anonuevo, said.
Responding firefighters found the remains of the sisters from the debris.