Default Thumbnail

Bulacan cops file raps vs suspect in rape-slay of minor

August 29, 2022 Alfred P. Dalizon 454 views

BULACAN policemen have filed a rape with homicide case against a principal suspect in killing a 15-year-old girl in Bustos municipality who was also believed to have been sexually abused, Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief General Rodolfo S. Azurin Jr. on Monday said.

The top cop said he had ordered the Bulacan Police Provincial Office (PPO) to ensure that there would be an “airtight” case against the suspect who was arrested days after the body of the victim identified as Princess Marie Dumantay was found in a grassy area in Barangay Bunga Menor in Bustos last August 12.

The victim went missing for several days before her body was discovered. Police said that her body had some bruises, cigarette burns, and strangulation marks.

Members of the PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) under Brig. Gen. Ronald O. Lee and the Bulacan Police tracked down the suspect in his hiding place in Pamplona, Camarines Sur last week.

Lee said that the suspect was found to be using the name “Jose Francisco Santos” to elude authorities. The official said that the accused was arrested on the strength of a warrant for rape and violation of Republic Act 7610 or the Anti-Child Abuse Law.

Azurin said that last August 17, the suspect was inquested for rape with homicide before the Bulacan Provincial Prosecutor’s Office.

“Our personnel don’t sleep on cases. They make sure that they are built on a strong information gathering to identify and arrest the perpetrators of a crime and ensure that they will be charged in court with the end in view of scoring a conviction,” said the PNP chief.

AUTHOR PROFILE