Default Thumbnail

NBI interviews Jonson death ‘witnesses’

October 5, 2021 Hector Lawas 313 views

SEVERAL possible witnesses have been interviewed by the National Bureau of Investigation to shed light on the untimely demise of visual artist Bree Jonson in La Union province last September 18.

“Nakuha na rin ng NBI ang mga sworn statements nu’ng mga kasama ni Bree Jonson at ni Julian Ongpin noong gabi bago namatay si Bree Jonson,” Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said.

Also, Guevarra disclosed that the NBI is performing more tests on the remains of Jonson who was found unconscious in a hostel in San Juan town, but was later declared dead when she was brought to a hospital.

“Sa pagkamatay ni Bree Jonson nabalitaan ninyo naman, natapos na ang autopsy na ginawa ng NBI,” he said.

“Sa ngayon, ginagawa ng NBI, mag-conduct ng psychological autopsy. Pati forensic and histopathological ay ongoing,” Guevarra continued.

Recently, the law firm of Jonson’s family has remained firm in rejecting the suicide angle of the Philippine National Police (PNP).

The Sunga, Salandanan and Ampuan Law Office said the autopsy performed on Jonson’s remains showed that she resisted.

Commenting on the La Union resort’s CCTV video, the lawyers said: ”

“Based on what we saw, they had a heated altercation minutes before she was found unconscious,” the lawyers said.

Police arrested Ongpin, 29, last September 18 in San Juan, La Union, after 12.6grams of cocaine were found in the hostel room he and Jonson were occupying.

Ongpin was Jonson’s boyfriend and was the last companion when she was found unconscious in Flotsam & Jetsam Resort. She was brought to a nearby hospital but was declared dead on arrival September 18.

The scion of Ongpin family claimed that Jonson committed suicide.

Police said Ongpin and Jonson arrived at the resort at 8:30 p.m. September 17, and were fetched by their friends at 10 p.m.

They returned to the resort at 2:58 a.m. on September 18. At 3:30 a.m., a commotion was heard in the room occupied by the couple that lasted for approximately 15 minutes.

Footage from a security camera showed Ongpin was looking anxious as he went in and out of the room.