Assistance

More gov’t assistance

June 14, 2021 People's Tonight 139 views

ADMITTEDLY, it is reassuring to know that there will be more “interventions” from the government for people and businesses affected by the raging COVID-19 pandemic.

Through concerned state agencies, including the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), the authorities continue to help COVID-19-affected communities.

The Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) said that this initiative of the government shows that President Rodrigo Duterte is out to fulfill his commitments to the Filipino people.

PCCO Secretary Martin Andanar, a former broadcast journalist, said that “action speaks louder than words,” which is one of the mottos of the administration of President Duterte.

“There will be more assistance…as we have streamlined the requests for aid needed by local government units (LGUs) for their constituents,” according to Andanar.

After the Chief Executive assumed the top political post of the land in 2016, Andanar said “we can see real change” in the country as shown by the many “Build, Build, Build” projects.

And now, there’s the Aid and Humanitarian Operations Nationwide (AHON) Convergence Program, which aims to help families whose livelihood was affected by COVID-19. The multi-pronged AHON Convergence Program was launched last week in Surigao del Norte.

After Duterte signed Executive Order No. 137, national government agencies started to respond to the mandate of accelerating and harmonizing operations on the delivery of sustainable assistance to areas affected by calamities and emergencies.

Thus, it would do well for the public to support government projects as President Duterte gears up for the last lap of his administration, which ends at 12 noon on June 30 next year.

AUTHOR PROFILE