Man electrocuted after house catches fire

August 11, 2022 Melnie Ragasa-limena 89 views

A 24-YEAR-OLD man died of electrocution while trying to put out a fire that hit their house in Quezon City on Wednesday.

The victim was identified as Ian Paulo de Castro, of Barangay Old Balara and was declared dead upon arrival at the Rosario Maclang Bautista General Hospital after sustaining third degree burns on his left shoulder and abdomen.

A report from the Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit of the QCPD showed the incident happened in Bgy. Old Balara at around 10:00 a.m.

Probers said De Castro went out of his room when he noticed an electrical spark in the roof of their house.

He went to the roof with a pail of water and attempted to extinguish the fire but got electrocuted and fell unconscious.

De Castro’s uncle sought assistance from members of the barangay rescue team and brought him to the said hospital.