TRECE MARTIRES CITY, Cavite. – Local tourists and Catholic believers are now welcome to visit the historic Roman Catholic churches here for the annual Visita Iglesia this Holy Week in the midst of easing the safety guidelines to Alert Level 1.
Visita Iglesia or Church visit is a Holy week practice where devotess visit and pray in at least seven separate churches in a day. It is usually held every Maundy Thursday or it can take days until before Easter Sunday.
Cavite is home to heritage churches that stood witness to its glorious past and inspired its people build colorful traditions.
Here are the historic churches to vist this
Holy Week 2022, and urge by the government to continue to follow government safety guidelines for everyone’s safety
Cavite Pilgrimage Circuit – Coastal Area:
1. Sto. Niňo de Ternate Parish Church, Ternate
2. Our Lady of the Assumption Parish Church, Maragondon
3. Diocesan Shrine of the Immaculate Conception Church, Naic
4. Diocesan Shrine of Saint Augustine, Tanza
5. Diocesan Shrine and Parish of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, Rosario
6. Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Solitude of Porta Vaga, San Roque Parish Church, Cavite City
7. Saint Mary Magdalene Church, Kawit
8. San Miguel Arcangel Church in Poblacion, Bacoor City.
9. Our Lady of Pillar Cathedral in City proper, Imus, Cavite.
And historic churches in upland part of the province.
10. St. Francis of Assisi Parish in Bagumbayan, General Trias City.
11. Immaculate Conception Parish in Dasmariñaa City.
12. Nuestra Señora de Candelaria in Silang town proper.
13. St. Gregory Church in Indang, Cavite
14. St John Nepomucene in Alfonso, Cavite.