‘Kill BBM Plot’ suspect identified — PNP

February 7, 2022 Alfred P. Dalizon 122 views

THE Philippine National Police Anti-Cybercrime Group already identified the TikTok user behind the spread of a purported ‘Kill Bongbong Marcos’ plot and is already building up evidence that would warrant the filing of charges against the suspect, PNP chief, General Dionardo B. Carlos said on Monday.

“Identified na po yung gumamit ng TikTok and our investigators from the PNP-ACG are continuously tracking the digital trails of the suspect,” the top cop said.

Gen. Carlos said as soon as complete evidence is gathered against the TikTok user, the PNP-ACG headed by Brigadier Gen. Robert T. Rodriguez will file criminal charges and effect an arrest as soon as there is a court order.

Last week, the PNP chief said they are validating the reported plot to assassinate leading May 9 presidential candidate, former Senator Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos Jr.

The top cop also said that Marcos’ camp had already coordinated with them regarding the supposed assassination plot against the son of the late strongman Ferdinand E. Marcos Sr.

He also assured that it is their commitment to secure everyone and to have an honest and peaceful May polls.

Unlike in the United States where each presidential candidate is automatically placed under the protection of the U.S. Secret Service, presidential candidates in the country-unless he/she is the Vice President-are not being secured by the Presidential Security Group.

Politicians and other VIPs in the country -except for the President and the First Family and the Vice-President-are usually secured by officers from the Police Security Protection Group.

The report is already being validated by the PNP intelligence community with the help of their counterparts from the Armed Forces and the National Intelligence Coordinating Agency.

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra was the first top government official to confirm that the DOJ’s Office of Cybercrime have received an online tip about an alleged plot to kill the young Marcos.

The DOJ chief said that he has instructed the National Bureau of Investigation to validate the tip.

The former senator’s camp had said that the OOC pushed through with the investigation after receiving a TikTok post that read, “WE ARE meeting everyday to plan for BBM’s assassination. Get ready.”

Marcos’ spokesperson, Attorney Vic Rodriguez commended the DOJ’s OOC for its “swift and uncompromising response to uncover those behind this open threat to harm Marcos’ but emphasized that their camp would not be cowered by the threat.

AUTHOR PROFILE