THE Manila COVID-19 Field Hospital (MCFH) so far has a 100 percent success rate since it began operations on June 25.
Thus reported Mayor Isko Moreno, as he congratulated and thanked MCFH Director Dr. Arlene Dominguez and all the doctors, nurses and staff behind the operations of the said hospital for taking care of the city’s COVID-19 patients.
“Maraming salamat sa inyo, naitatawid natin at naililigtas natin ang ating mga kababayan sa naka-ambang panganib na maaring magdulot ng kamatayan ang impeksyon ng COVID kaya congratulations sa mga staff natin diyan. Sana magtuloy-tuloy lang ‘yan… dasal-dasal lang,” Moreno said.
It was learned that out of the 344 COVID beds in the MCFH, 65 are presently occupied, which is equivalent to a 19 percent occupancy rate.
As of July 9, since the pandemic began, Moreno said that total confirmed, active cases in the city has reached 1,150; recoveries are at 64,336 and deaths reached 1,227.
The quarantine facilities registered a one percent occupancy rate wherein 12 out of the 870 beds are occupied.
So far, the number of individuals who were swabbed for free has reached 130,747.
The mayor reiterated his regular appeal to all Manilans for them to continue being responsible to their own selves, toward their communities, city and country.
He stressed that so long as there are active COVID-19 cases and deaths caused by the coronavirus, there is a need to continue observing the health protocols, specifically wearing face masks at all times and properly, frequent washing of hands and social distancing.