Carlos orders speedy probe in Pampanga poll bet’s slay

November 28, 2021 Alfred P. Dalizon 87 views

PHILIPPINE National Police chief, General Dionardo B. Carlos on Monday ordered the Police Regional Office 3 (PRO3) to expedite the investigation of the killing of a candidate for Sangguniang Bayan of San Simon, Pampanga and his companion last Saturday.

The top cop instructed PRO3 director, Brigadier Gen. Matthew P. Baccay to see to it that there won’t be no stones left unturned in their effort to look into the real motive and identities of the gunmen who killed 42-year old Rogelio Salvador Jr. and his relative Joel Salvador.

The victims’ driver Arnel Caparas was also shot and wounded in the attack but survived.

An initial investigation conducted by the Pampanga Police Provincial Office headed by Colonel Robin King Sarmiento showed the victims were on board a Chevrolet Trailblazer with plate no. CDZ 5651 when occupants of a car from the opposite lane opened fire at them.

Bullets fired by the gunmen riddled the vehicle and hit the victims several times.

“So far, it is premature to say that this is election-related even if the victim is a local candidate for the 2022 elections. We need to establish the facts first, but we don’t discount politics as a possible motive,” said Gen. Carlos.

The PNP chief said that aside from his political affiliation, it is important to also dig into the victim’s background.

“Expect that there will be the signing of peace covenant in the coming months to seal the commitment of every candidate-driven towards a fair and honest election,” the PNP chief added

AUTHOR PROFILE