BBM-Sara UniTeam skeletal force continues relief mission for Odette victims as HQ remains closed
TO ensure everyone’s safety and protection, the BBM-Sara UniTeam headquarters in Mandaluyong City will remain closed for another week after a huge number of its staff and volunteers tested positive for coronavirus during a facility-wide RT-PCR tests conducted Friday last week.
Initially, more than 30 HQ staff members and volunteers tested positive for the virus in last Monday’s antigen testing which prompted former Senator Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos, Jr. to order the lockdown of the building.
On Friday, a comprehensive RT-PCR test was conducted resulting in the discovery of at least 68 staff being confirmed to have been infected with the coronavirus disease 2019.
A bulletin was immediately issued and all employees were sent home, except for a skeletal force who were tasked in preparing and distributing relief goods for typhoon ‘Odette’ victims.
“This (distribution of relief goods) cannot stop because the typhoon victims needed it badly and we have to keep our promise to help them get back on their feet,” said former Davao congressman and UniTeam’s political officer Anton Lagdameo.
Among those who were infected with the COVID-19 virus was chief of staff and spokesman lawyer Vic Rodriguez, with whom Marcos was exposed to, and several close-in security personnel.
Lagdameo said “Bongbong was saddened by the unwelcome developments, but advised everyone to stay focused and let not their spirits be dampened because right now our major concern is still our fellowmen who were affected by typhoon Odette and by the new surge of coronavirus.