FULLY aware of the massive cheating that happened in 2016 elections that robbed presidential frontrunner Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos of the vice presidency, Mindanao governors on Sunday have vowed that they will not allow that he be deceived again in the coming May 9 elections.
This, as Sultan Kudarat Gov. Suharto Mangudadatu has called on all local officials who support Marcos not be complacent and protect the votes cast by their constituents and make sure that they were counted on May 9.
There are 2.1 million registered voters in BARMM and Mangudadatu predicted that Marcos can get 70% of the votes in the coming elections.
“Iyong ARMM region, now as known as ‘BARMM,’ginagamit sa mga pandadaya sa mga lugar eh. Wala pang eleksyon doon na hindi nagkaroon ng dayaan,” said Mangudadatu.
He said that in the coming days, many more local officials from Mindanao will also express support for Marcos’ candidacy.
Mangudadatu added that Sulu Gov. Abdusakur M. Tan will also announce his full and solid support to BBM in the coming days.
“This is the right time na lumabas sa siya at magbigay ng suporta dahil magkaibigan naman talaga sila ni BBM,” said Mangudadatu.
Gov. Tan has 15 unopposed mayors running under him from the 19 municipalities in Sulu.
Lanao del Sur Gov. Mamintal Adiong had earlier expressed support for BBM along with Tawi-Tawi Gov. Ysmael Sali.
According to Mangudadatu, the coming presidential election is different from 2016 because President Duterte does not endorse any candidate, “so all local officials in Mindanao are free to give support to the candidates they want to help”.
“Noong 2016 talagang may pressure from (president) Noynoy Aquino at kahit mga PNP noon. Pero ngayon, hindi na sila makakaporma,” he added.
When asked about the issue of harassment by Muslim terrorists, Mangudadatu hoped that their intimidation would be reduced because even datus in Mindanao now support Marcos’ candidacy.
“Nakikinig at nirerespeto nila (Muslim extremists) ang mga datu natin,” he said. He also said that they are gradually introducing the correct message regarding the wrong view of some of their Muslim brothers against Martial Law declared by former President Ferdinand E. Marcos.
“Kasi ang messaging nga namin ngayon, kayo ngang taga-Manila meron kayong sariling Martial Law. Kami mayroon din, ngunit we opened our hearts and accepted BBM and we believe na siya lang ang pag-asa natin na mabago ang bansang Pilipinas,” he added.
Gov. Mangudadatu, along with his wife Bai Mariam who is now running as governor of Maguindanao were among 15 governors who met with Marcos last Sunday night at BBM Headquarters in Mandaluyong City.
Those who also met with BBM were Quirino Governor Dax Cua, Tarlac Gov. Susan Yap, Isabela Gov. Rodito Albano, Romblon Gov. Jose Riano, and Rizal Gov. Casimiro ‘Jun’ Ynares III.
Also with them were Misamis Occidental Gov. Philip Tan, Mindoro Occidental Gov. Eduardo Gadiano, Surigao del Sur Gov. Alexander Pimentel, Quezon Gov. Danilo Suarez, Batangas Gov. Hermilando Mandanas, Mountain Province Gov. Bonifacio Lacwasan and Bohol Gov. Art Yap.
Previously, Marcos also met with 10 governors last April 2 at BBM Headquarters who also expressed support for his candidacy.
Narvacan, Ilocos Sur Mayor Chavit Singson, who was at BBM HQ this Sundaysaid that 90% or 73 of the 81 governors in the country have already pledged to solidly support Marcos.
According to Singson, the support of the governors and mayors is a big thing because they have their own leaders in their respective provinces who will also serve as watchers during the counting of ballots.
“Kaya double time tayo. Double time sa kampanya at double time rin sa pagbabantay para hindi tayo madaya,” said Singson