Alert level 4 violators in NCR now nearing 200K-PNP

October 4, 2021 Alfred P. Dalizon 299 views

THE number of violators of Alert Level 4 in Metro Manila accosted by the National Capital Region Police Office since last September 16 is close to breaching the 200,000 mark as of Monday, the Philippine National Police headed by General Guillermo Lorenzo T. Eleazar said.

As of Monday morning, the total number of violators apprehended by the police is already at 199,519 or a daily average of 11,084 from September 16 to last Sunday.

Statistics from the Joint Task Force COVID Shield headed by PNP Deputy Chief for Operations, Lieutenant Gen. Israel Ephraim T. Dickson said that around 53 percent of the violators were warned, 41 percent were fined, while 6 percent faced other sanctions.

The PNP said that 141,714 of the violators or an average of 7,873 each day were apprehended for violating Minimum Public Health Safety Standards such as the wearing of face masks and face shields and failure to observe physical distancing.

Another 55,571 violators were apprehended for violation of the 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.unified curfew hours in the metropolis or a daily average of 3,087.

The NCRPO headed by Major Gen. Vicente D. Danao Jr. is fully implementing Alert Level 4 in Metro Manila as part of the pilot testing of the implementation of the new five-level alert system which started on September 16 as ordered by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases.

Areas under Alert Level 4 — the second highest alert level — are those with infections that are high or increasing while total beds and ICU beds are at high utilization rate.

Under this alert level, outdoor or al fresco dining is allowed at maximum of 30 percent venue/seating capacity regardless of vaccination status of customers.

Indoor dine-in services are also allowed at a limited 10% venue/seating capacity but will cater only to individuals fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

At present, the NCRPO is closely guarding 239 areas placed under granular lockdown in Metro Manila. These areas are located in 152 barangays in the metropolis, said Maj. Gen. Danao.

Police ‘front-liners’ have also not been spared from the deadly COVID-19. As of press time, Gen. Eleazar said they have already recorded 119 fatalities since March last year.

The number of police personnel who have contracted the virus have also reached 40,245 although 38,206 of them have already fully recovered from the disease and are now back to full duty status.

AUTHOR PROFILE