Default Thumbnail

75 villagers suffer food poisoning after eating tahong, galunggong

April 30, 2022 Jane Eleda 786 views

AT least 75 people were hospitalized after eating tahong and galunggong in Bayambang, Pangasinan.

The victims are residents of Bgy. Inirangan in Bayambang town.

According to the Municipal Health Office, the victims bought the blue mackerel scad (galunggong) and the mussels (tahong) from an ambulant vendor.

The villagers cooked the galunggong and mussels.

After eating, the victims started to experience stomach pain and had rushes. They were brought to the hospital for treatment.

The MHO is investigating if the galunggong and tahong bought by the victims were contaminated with red tide toxin.